- risk culture prevents free and open discussion about risks;
- complexity of the underlying issues can alienate audience;
- regulatory perspective sometimes associated with risk tunes out executives;
- over-reliance on quantification; after a risk is quantified the level of oversight diminishes, which is particularly risky for low-frequency and high-severity risks;
- risk universe bias; an elephant can be a risk that does not fit into one of the existing risk categories.
You can subscribe to future posts here.